The Legend of Godsbane
Character Creation and Advancement
- Characters all start with their standard weight in gold (500 gs)
- Characters will only be able to increase their starting funds by picking the Rich or the very Rich edge or using a point from Hindrances for an extra (500 gs) Per Point (However a back story must back up how your character came into wealth for Both the Edge or Points used.)
- All characters must have a completed Character Questionnaire or background containing the same information by the start of the game.
- The Healing Spell can be taken by any paladin or priest who are devoted to a good god however the Greater Healing spell is strictly only for the paladins and priests of Eira.
- Use the link for an updated list of skills you can take.
Revised Carry Weight Rules:
The People of Rassilion are not weaklings unless a hindrance says so, all gear worn by a character does not count for carry weight totals. So if a character wears chain armor, clothing, and has a sword equipped they do not count them into their total for weight carried. However any additional equipment in backpacks or otherwise on a characters body will be counted.
- 1 Exp for showing up and playing
- 0 Exp for missing a game (No Play, No Pay)
* 1 Exp MVP Award: Players secretly vote on who they thought was the most valuable player that session and turn in their ballots to the GM. Winner gets an extra Exp, GM chooses in case of a tie.
* 1 Exp GM’s choice Roleplay Award – the GM grants one bonus Exp to players who exhibited great roleplaying during a session.
* 1 Exp Leave No Gamer Behind: The PC with lowest total xp gets a bonus point, but only if if the player is at least 2 points below the next least experienced PC.
- 1 Exp Correspondent Award: awarded for players efforts into previous sessions journal entries or session summaries or similar
- 1 Exp Milestone Award: awarded for attaining a major goal or resolving a major situation
Total of 1-3 points per session earn-able
Glory Awards(Glorious And Nefarious Deeds):
- All Glorious And Nefarious Deeds that are worthy of praise and slander are noted in this section Glorious & Nefarious Deeds
- Glorious Deeds will be awarded appropriately according to the Glory Rules
- Nefarious Deeds will also be noted and may have consequences during play according to the villainy you have committed
- Notable Deeds will also be put into Glorious & Nefarious Deeds although they bring no glory per say they are a reminder of things you have done that may have impact in the future.
- Blocking spaces As long as you aren’t shaken, you can block the space on which you are standing. If you are shaken, enemies can pass through but your space count as difficult terrain.
- Called Shots: Legs (-2): Works like Disarm but enemy makes an Agility roll (instead of Str). Failure means the character is falling prone.
- Cover: If you would hit the target without the cover modifier, you hit the cover instead (if it’s living, roll damage as usual)
- Critical Failure a dice roll getting a 1 on both the skill roll and wild dice might make for interesting results that might catch your character with his or her pants down at GM discretion.
- Siphoning may not be rerolled if you roll a 1 on the dice, however you may spend a bennie to attempt a vigor/spirit roll to attempt to soak the effect or lessen the effect it has on your character.
- Investigation use of the investigation skill requires access to written material, such as that found in a library no written material means no investigation roll is permitted.
Magic Item Rules:
- (Knowledge: Arcana) will now be used to also identify magical items of power any item can be picked up and used. However only on touching the item will you know it is an item of power, although you will not know how to unlock it’s power until you make an Arcana skill roll. Some items may require additional Knowledge or Investigation rolls to understand the item to fully unlock its potential depending on the history/power of the item.
- If you should fail to identify the item in question you will not be able to do so until a day has passed to make another attempt(To represent a day worth of work and research on said item). The item can however still be used but will only grant standard bonuses per the item in question.
- Bennies can be spent as normal to unlock the items power to attune it to you once you have succeeded in the Rolls/Research needed to unlock the item.
- Should the item be used in the right manner to unlock its full potential even without understanding its history/power fully then the item will awaken completely and you will understand the item just as if you had done the rolls/research needed and a Bennie can still be used to attune to it.
- Characters cannot receive permanent injuries or suffer death until they have progressed beyond Novice Rank.
- Any permanent injuries received are instead treated as temporary injuries for all Novice characters.
- If an incapacitation result would lead to death, it instead leads to unconsciousness. Enemies will ignore unconscious Novice characters until all conscious ones are incapacitated as well. Enemies will opt to capture or otherwise inconvenience unconscious Novice characters rather than kill them outright.
- We will be using simplified initiative rules using a standard D20 to see who goes first any edges that help with initiative will be used in the same way as their description, rolling a 20 represents a joker.
- No Card Rules: As we are not using cards we will be using a more Cinematic feel to combat and will be using complications during “chases” and other activities by simply adding a d4 to the Initiative roll a 1 will represent a complication See the Complication table on how to roll complications. (This will be an experiment and may not be used if it proves to tiresome to use)
- Characters who wish to take up trade craft are to pick up the appropriate Craft skill such as Craft: (Carpentry), Craft (Writing), Craft (Blacksmithing) and so on, we will be using the Craft Skill as per Hellfrost Player guide.
- Craft Skills also apply as a Knowledge skill within the area of expertise the craft is used.
- If you have any questions about what Craft skill is appropriate to your character/back story please contact the GM (Game Master)
- When using a bennie to Soak, if the Vigor die comes up as a 1, regardless of the Wild Die result, then the character receives a temporary injury. They may still soak the wound if the Wild Die rolls high enough.
- Permanent Injury however can be healed by Priests or Paladins of Eira in their respective temples/places of worship or by a player/npc who has the Greater Healing spell
- There are more unorthodox methods of treating Permanent injuries in the world should you find them however if you are willing to test these methods is up to you.
- If the healing is attempted on a player however the chances of the permanent injury healing depend on what injury the person is suffering from and what method is used: See the Healing Chart for injury rules.
Wounds and Healing
- You may attempt a healing roll with any applicable bonuses to the healing skill(Like remedies, bandages ect) after combat, a success removes one wound or an incapacitated status with a raise you can heal another wound but you can only heal 2 wounds maximum or one wound and an incapacitated status.
- Natural healing rolls can be rolled every 4 days or 48 hours by using a regenerative healing herbal remedy, a success removes one wound or your incapacitated any raises on natural healing removes 2 wounds instead of one or removes your incapacitated status and removes a wound. A Critical Failure will increase your wound level by one any characters with 3 wounds will become incapacitated.
- Wild Cards can take three wounds and still function. If another wound would be caused after that, they’re incapacitated and have to make an immediate vigor roll.
- Spells such as Healing/Greater Healing follow the same rules and but may heal a character in combat, however should spells fail one too many times your god may punish you for abuse of it’s miracles.
Dedication (Hellfrost Expansion):
- Characters may elect to dedicate their lives to their patron god
- Dedicated characters must strictly follow their god’s tenants, to the same degree expected from Clergy
- Characters receive a specific bonus, depending on their patron god, for their dedication
- Committing a sin means a character loses access to this bonus, amongst other penalties, depending on severity
- If a PC chooses to stop being dedicated to a god, they lose all benefits from the god and may be punished accordingly, however the PC may under certain circumstances go on a quest for redemption/forgiveness and dedicate to a new god in the same fashion.
- In addition to the Mapless AoE rules in Savage World Deluxe, AoEs will also effect friendly targets engaged in melee with the affected enemies unless the caster has the Selective Spell edge for that spell.
Savage Worlds Deluxe update
These are the official updates from Triple Ace Games to bring Hellfrost in line with the Deluxe edition of Savage Worlds. All are now official:
- The following Edges and any of the Edges mentioned in the Hellfrost Player Guide in Savage Worlds Deluxe are not available (where applicable, their Hellfrost Player’s Guide equivilents should be used instead): Elan, Brave, Linguist, Martial Artist, Tactician .
- Guts Skill is dropped. For the Courageous Edge, the guts requirement is changed to Spirit. For other edges with a guts requirement, the requirement is dropped.
- Replacement characters rules in Hellfrost Player’s Guide are used rather than those in Savage Worlds Deluxe: replacement characters start with 50% of XP, modified by Glory as usual.
- Push: Size is added as fixed modifiers to Strength for all Push tests.
- Cold: Recovery and Incapacitation notes from SWD apply. The Vigor modifier is as per Hellfrost Player’s Guide.
- Trappings: Hellfrost Player’s Guide Trappings are used by default. SWD trappings may be used with GM Permission.